Men's Swim shorts & swimming trunks
If you have decided to spend your holidays in a beautiful exotic resort, in some village overlooking the sea or a just have a relaxing weekend on a boat, the ideal is to pack as little as possible. But an unmissable piece is the swim trunks, both for a pool dive and for the sea. In the spring summer 2019 the swim shorts and trunks satisfy the most refined tastes and the desire for a happy-go-lucky mood.
Dive into colors with the newest ideas for men's beachwear of the 2019 summer
Summer means desire for cheerfulness, for spending your days having fun and relaxing under the sun in some amazing golden sandy beach or in some nice tourist village. So now it’s the moment to choose the perfect swim trunks for our holidays. The latest trends of men's beachwear for spring summer 2019 propose swim shorts so beautiful that might by used in place of short trousers and matched with t-shirts for holiday-mood outfits. Fashion designers choose color to make lively and cheerful the swim shorts or brief slips. So beachwear becomes a real kaleidoscope, with many shades of color ranging from the most neutral to intense and extremely showy shades. Among the basic colors you cannot miss the black, which is proposed for swim shorts as well as for Bermudas versions or brief trunks by Tom Ford, Off-White, Neil Barrett and Fendi. Gray is back, in the simple and vaguely retro models by Dsquared2, Dolce & Gabbana and Brunello Cucinelli. But on the catwalk we saw a lot of white, especially in the swim shorts proposed by Moschino, Jil Sander, Dondup and Woolrich. For who love bold shades there are red swim trunks by Calvin Klein, Boglioli and Fay, or those in vitamin colors proposed in the beachwear collections of Palm Angels, Diesel, Tommy Hilfiger, North Sails and Ralph Lauren. The trendiest shades are fluorescent and so the beachwear pieces by Dsquared2, Emporio Armani, Bikkembergs and Etro are colored in eye-catching neon shades. Among the most popular effects there are the color-blocks, proposed by Moncler, Kenzo, Thom Browne and Stella McCartney, but also the gold-laminated details used by Dolce & Gabbana and Versace.
Free rein to your imagination with the trendiest prints of the season
The swim shorts are the ideal pieces to satisfy the desire for something new and make room for the most unbridled fantasy. That’s why the most important fashion houses offer a wide range of different of prints for men's beachwear:
- For who wants to be recognized for his good taste, there are swim shorts with maxi logo proposed by Dsquared2 and Valentino
- Among the most cheerful prints, one of the most important trends is the return of the tropical-inspired fantasies representing palms or exotic landscapes, proposed in many collections like those by Derek Rose, Dries Van Noten, Ralph Lauren, Kenzo and Dondup.
- Among the most luxurious and flashy prints, there are the golden-colored baroque decorations proposed by Versace for its brief trunks and swim shorts, or the dollars patterns proposed by Philipp Plein
- Animal print, in all its versions, is the sexiest pattern and is used for the super-close-fitting swim slips by Dolce & Gabbana, Roberto Cavalli and Moschino
- For who has a refined style there are the Etro’s paisley prints or the delicate floral patterns chosen by Vivienne Westwood and Aspesi
- Navy look for prints inspired by the sea floor proposed by Paul Smith, Michael Kors and Loewe
- Among the most classic patterns, stripes are back in fashion in many versions of color and size, as seen in the fashion shows of Prada, Nike, Paul Smith and Missoni, but there are also the polka dots of Jacquemus and Comme Des Garçons
- Classic look for the micro-patterns that delicately color the nylon or cotton swim shorts by Fedeli, Giorgio Armani, Marcelo Burlon and Hartford
- Valentino, Moncler and Stone Island propose an army look with camouflage prints and nylon Bermudas shorts in military green or in shades of brown
- Iconic check patterns for Burberry, but also for Speedo, RRD and Boss Black, which propose more colorful versions of tartan checks
Shorts or slips? Choose the perfect model for you
If you have not yet decided what kind of swim trunks you want to pack for the holidays, you could take a look at the latest trends of men's beachwear, which this year suggests many different ideas. One of the main trends seen on catwalks is the great return of the swim slips, very small and decidedly sexy. There are the low-waisted models of Dsquared2, those with adjustable drawstrings by Dolce & Gabbana and Versace or those with fluorescent details by Philipp Plein. Close-fitting lines also for the highly-stretch swim shorts both monochromatic and printed, like for example those by Givenchy and Moncler. These two types of swim trunks, perfect even for a pool dive, can be combined with the new cotton bathrobes and flip flops for an elegant and luxurious look. For who wants a more classic style there are the swim shorts, usually made of nylon or high-tech fabrics for a quick drying, like the two-tone ones by Tom Ford, Kenzo and Plein Sport, or those with contrasting side bands proposed by Gucci, Diesel and Adidas. For a more relaxed and casual style, Bermuda shorts, reaching just above the knee, are back in fashion. Like those proposed by Givenchy, Prada and Daniele Alessandrini Homme. But that now are also in a longer and more cutting-edge version, like those proposed by Dsquared2 and Rick Owens, that could be easily used instead of short trousers and combined with a t-shirt for a shopping tour in some beautiful seaside resort.