Women's wallets & purses
Do you remember the sad and totally unimaginative wallets that were used until a few years ago? Well, forget them, because for the spring summer 2019 the wallets and purses are so colorful and cheerful that they become absolutely essential accessories.
Large and capacious wallets, cases to hold credit cards or passports. Here are the trends for summer 2019
If once the wallets were anonymous and ultra-classic, today is very different, so much so that they have become among the most popular accessories speaking about small leather goods. There are many models, so to perfectly adapt to the needs of the modern woman. There are the long and rectangular Continental wallets, with many pockets that can hold everything we need, from credit cards to small coins. Among these models the most popular are those by Tod's, multitasking and extremely comfortable. Then there are the wallets closed by zip, such as those by Salvatore Ferragamo proposed in many shades of color, but also as small purses like those by Dolce & Gabbana perfect for enter into the small evening clutch bags. Those who don’t like to go around with heavy coins or a thousand sheets of paper, there are the credit cards cases, which are among the most appreciated best sellers and for this made by many fashion houses, such as Alexander McQueen, Tory Burch and Givenchy. For those who love to travel, the passport case becomes an essential accessory to be chic at the airport and at arrival in the most beautiful holiday resorts, like the one proposed by Dolce & Gabbana, Michael Kors and Alviero Martini.
Among the 1000 rainbow colors, here are the most trendy shades of this summer
No longer just black, blue and brown among the colors chosen by the fashion designers to create the wallets of their women's collections. Color is the protagonist of the summer, and the most daring and imaginative creators offer us a real rainbow, among which we can choose our favorite shade that can give us a bit of good humor:
- White is back to being one of the most used colors especially in its most delicate shade. The models by Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen, Saint Laurent and Balenciaga choose the milk color for their most avant-garde wallets.
- On the other side of the color spectrum we find the black wallets, which are proposed in all the shapes and sizes and that represent a great classic. Being one of the most popular colors, black is used for basic models by practically all the fashion houses, such as Salvatore Ferragamo, Marc Jacobs and Michael Kors
- For those who love strong colors there is the vermillion red model by Tod's, the almost primary shades of Prada and Gucci, while Balenciaga and Givenchy offer bright and almost fluorescent nuances.
- Pastel colors are a great seasonal trend, offered both by Furla and by Dolce & Gabbana, but one of the most used colors is pink, present in the collections by Thom Browne, Tory Burch, Marc Jacobs and Prada
- Neutral shades ranging from delicate nude pink to beige and taupe, are loved by Ralph Lauren, Orciani and Piquadro
- To give a touch of fantasy we can opt for the multicolour wallets like those proposed by Givenchy and Michael Kors
- To combined with the clutches or cross-body bags dedicated to the evening, there are wallets and credit card holders in metallic shades. The light silver is used by Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney, while it becomes almost opalescent for Balmain
- In full 80s style, which brings luxury and opulence back into fashion, Dolce & Gabbana and Jimmy Choo offer gold-colored leather wallets decorated with rhinestones and shimmering stars
The newest wallets are not just in solid colors, but also love prints
The contemporary wallets are so beautiful, that they almost make us want to collect them all. One of the strongest trends of the summer 2019 is certainly that of matching the tone-on-tone wallet and purse, with the same prints that the fashion designers propose in their collection in many different variations, to satisfy every taste and need. In line with the animal trend, Dolce & Gabbana and Saint Laurent print their wallets with bold spotted patterns, both leopard and zebra stripes Always Dolce & Gabbana propose delicate bouquet prints with flowers of many different types, to be strictly combined with their bucket bags or shoulder bags to be always chic and elegant. Among the geometric patterns, we find the polka dots of Moschino and Comme Des Garçons, the stripes by Salvatore Ferragamo and the tartan patterns by Vivienne Westwood and Burberry. Etro instead is inspired by ethnic motifs, printing its wallets with refined paisley patterns underlined by contrasting edges. Among the seasonal novelties are the extremely graphic prints of Off-White, which seems to draw scribbles and writings on the leather, the comic drawings by Karl Lagerfeld and Prada or the photos of forest animals proposed by Burberry.
The classic models are enriched with decorations and focus the attention on the most elaborate textures
For those who want to give a touch of originality to the most classic wallet models, you can opt for small decorations that transform the creations of the designers into precious objects of desire. An example is the bow decorations that make elegant and romantic the Continental wallets with a button closure, by Salvatore Ferragamo. Or the Stella McCartney models, who combines her wallets with the famous Falabella bag, decorating them along the entire edge with metal chains in different colors. Among the most practical proposals, there are the large wallets with wrist strap proposed by Givenchy. Rock soul instead for the brand Valentino Garavani, which decorates its creations with many studs maybe combined with soft shades such as pastel pink, creating a nice contrast. Surely one of the most elaborate and refined ways to embellish these small leather goods is to create particular textures, making the leather or the eco-leather extremely particular. With a quilted effect there are the Versace leather and patent wallets and Moschino, while Gucci, Saint Laurent and Miu Miu create embossed motifs to decorate with their logo the surface of their wallets. Bottega Veneta uses its typical interweaving of leather straps in various shades of color, while Tod's creates a braided decoration along the entire perimeter of its wallets and credit card holder. The finest models have reptile-like prints like the snakeskin ones by Dolce & Gabbana or the crocodile print by Alexander McQueen. Even the most classic models have refined workings on the leather, such as for the models by Prada and Vivienne Westwood, that choose the fine Saffiano texture, which reproduces thin ribs on the leather.