Men's ties & bow ties
The tie is a fundamental accessory of a men's wardrobe. In particular, it’s an unmissable piece that reveals the elegance and the good taste of the man who loves style. For spring summer 2019 this beautiful and precious accessory become also fancy and delicate, with color shades inspired by the blue summer seas or eye-catching contrasting colored patterns.
Ties and bow ties: style is always in the details
Tie appears initially to complete the look of military uniforms and soon becomes an accessory symbol of male elegance, an essential complement to define a refined look. In the 19th century, the period of its diffusion and great fortune, there were more than one hundred ways to tie and wrap this piece of silk fabric around the men’s necks, according to the trends of Dandy’s fashion.
Now the cravat ties are more simple than before, but always contribute to underline the men’s elegant outfits with a touch of color and a pinch of creativity.
For this season, the classic silk ties have all the colors of the most beautiful exotic seas, playing with many shades of blue ranging from the light cerulean to dark navy nuances. Among the most luxurious brands proposing these colors there are Canali and Salvatore Ferragamo, which both propose small patterns, or Ermenegildo Zegna, who is inspired by the beach mood and propose fancy prints on his ties.
Are you looking for a creative tie to match with a trendy black or denim shirt? There are the amazing colorful prints inspired by psychedelic patterns created by Maria Enrica Nardi.
A tie for every occasion
As an essential accessory for the most formal and elegant moments, the tie is even more present also in the most casual and informal outfits. The important thing is to choose the right tie for every occasion:
- Bright nuances, multicolored effects, geometric patterns and funny prints, like those proposed by Burberry and Kiton, are perfect with daywear outfits. You can match them with a colored shirt and a single-breasted blazer jacket.
- For casual or leisure occasions, you can bet on wool or cotton men's ties, like the thin models proposed by Ralph Lauren.
- For the business and professional context, are recommend ties with discrete patterns and serious colors, like those by Dolce & Gabbana and Emporio Armani.
- For the formal business meeting are perfect the regimental ties, with diagonal striped patterns, like those by Brioni.
- If instead you are looking for ceremonial ties, opt for a plain colored silk tie, maybe in light or dark gray, or with delicate tone-on-tone patterned textures like in the beautiful silk ties created by Armani Collezioni and Corneliani, which matched it also with pocket squares.
Tie or bow tie?
The tie is the accessory for men that best symbolizes male elegance. It’s able to give a refined, personal and impeccable touch to any outfit, contributing to create an unforgettable look.
But how to choose the more appropriate type of ties to wear in the most special occasions? There are specific events, like the ceremonies and the weddings in which you could opt for a discrete but precious silk tie. Also in ivory white, gray or black.
Except when is request a precise dress code, like in the case of the famous black-tie or white-tie combinations, usually destined for very special formal events.
Bow ties are the perfect choice for these kind of situations, because are designed to be used with tuxedo suits and wing-collared French shirts. The black bow ties, proposed for example by prestigious brands like Emporio Armani, Tom Ford and Zegna, are suitable for the very elegant evening events, while the white bow ties are specific for the most formal occasions.
Often, anyway, the bow tie could also give a touch of personality and refinement even to less formal looks. In this case, it’s better to opt for a model with a fancy fabric, like those by Maria Enrica Nardi and Moschino, combined with a button-down collar shirt.