Have you always loved the unique and elegant style of Grace Kelly? Well, one of the secrets of her always perfect look is the foulard, which for the spring summer of 2019 the most trendy designers turn into a real passe-partout accessory, with multicolored and imaginative prints, but above all with many different ways of wear it.
Foulard in silk and bandana style for the contemporary chic woman
It was a while that we no longer heard about it, but for the spring summer 2019 the trend of the printed silk scarf has come back strongly in the most elegant and fashionable catwalks during the international fashion weeks. Square-shaped or triangular, the foulard is the prince accessory for a look like a real Diva and this season is inspired by both the 50's and 70's years. The real novelty is in the way it is worn, because the fashion designers offer the this kind of scarf in many different ways. At Max Mara, Marc Jacobs, J.W. Anderson and Dior this silk accessory is worn on the hair, tied behind the back of the head and always combined with large sunglasses or worn even under the hat. Tod's instead proposes the scarf instead of the male tie and knots it around his neck with large bows often held by pins. The bandana model, also called doo-rag, is not in silk, but in cotton and is decorated with ethnic prints at Saint Laurent, Philosophy by Lorenzo Serafini and Givenchy.
Metallic glow and embroidery for evening scarves
Scarves can also be an extremely chic accessory to complete the cocktail and evening outfits, maybe combined with a beautiful overcoat or a maxi dress. At Max Mara, Dries Van Noten, Gucci, Missoni and Saint Laurent the scarf becomes thin, often decorated with embroideries, shiny embellishments and long fringes. The materials preferred by the designers are the lurex, as for the Gucci scarves, or the metallic mesh that is used for the precious and cutting-edge models designed by Paco Rabanne and that’s perfect to be combined with metallic accessories such as the evening clutch bags and the high heel sandals.
Colors and prints are the absolute protagonists for scarves and foulard for the 2019 summer
In summer we have even more desire for energy and joy. The perfect accessory becomes so the scarf, which this year is tinged with wonderful colors and extremely imaginative prints. As for the plain-colored scarves, one of the most popular color seen on the catwalk is the pink, designed in many shades ranging from soft pastel to almost coral pink up to touch the fuchsia, as we have seen in the fashion shows of Kenzo, Gucci , Marni and Emporio Armani. The most pop and almost psychedelic colors are chosen by Dsquared2 and Versace, while Avant Toi and Faliero Sarti choose colors in shades for their scarves, while Missoni creates scarves decorated with long fringes and stripes of different colors for a kaleidoscopic and extremely lively effect . But the absolute protagonists are the prints, which are present in the women's fashion collections in thousands of different versions, one more beautiful than the other:
- The sea with its shells and the beautiful coral backdrops inspires the scarves of Alexander McQueen
- Ethnic style and paisley prints for Etro, Valentino Garavani and Saint Laurent
- Seventies-style psychedelic prints for the multicolored scarves of Maria Enrica Nardi and Emilio Pucci
- Always 70s, but this time inspired by tapestries and furnishing fabrics with geometric patterns typical of those years, for the scarves by Salvatore Ferragamo, Valentino and Givenchy
- Geometric prints for the iconic Burberry check, but also for Giorgio Armani
- 80s inspiration for the great return of the animal print, loved by Max Mara, Moschino Dolce & Gabbana and Saint Laurent
- For those who love romance are perfect the floral prints of Dolce & Gabbana, but also those by Salvatore Ferragamo and Gucci
- Versace loves baroque prints and decorates its scarves with intricate gold patterns
- The logo of the most prestigious brand logos become geometric patterns enriched with intense colors, as in the case of Valentino and Kenzo