Women's Stoles & Shawls
To give a touch of elegance to the outfit in the cool spring evenings or to combine with the occasion wear for an unforgettable look, the stoles and shawls for women of the collections for spring summer 2019 are enlivened by beautiful shades of color, refined prints and details of fringes.
Wide and enveloping, the stoles of summer 2019 focus attention on details
Usually large in size to wrap softly the body, the newest stoles of this season give also movement to the silhouette with long fringe applications. The most beautiful models are created by Missoni in different shades and patterns, for example with zig zag motifs, striped in different sizes and even with some thin lurex thread that gives brightness and makes perfect these stoles for the look of the evening. The advice is to combine them with a tailored jacket for a refined style or a sparkling short dress for the party look. Even Ann Demeulemeester chooses to decorate her triangular or rectangular shawls with very long fringes and precious embroideries of crystals and beads, perfect if worn with the new court shoes in gold or silver.
A kaleidoscope of colors makes cheerful and carefree the stoles for the day
A colors shower makes summer fashion so pleasing to the eye and so desirable. Among the accessories, the most colorful elements are the great stoles and shawls, which can be used in many different ways and combined virtually with any day look. We can use them instead of scarves to wrap even more the body and protect us from the still fresh air of spring nights. Or we can choose them instead of the sarong on the beach to replace the beach cover-ups with a precious material like silk. Among the newest proposals and the trendy colors of spring summer 2019, there are the extremely bright pop nuances and the almost fluorescent shades proposed by Versace, Gucci and Maison Margiela. For a refined and elegant style there are the tender and delicate pastel colors, used for example by Faliero Sarti in solid or shaded tones, as does also Loro Piana, which mixes silk and cashmere for pashminas and the most refined and precious shawls. About the prints we have many different possible choices:
- Brilliant colors and psychedelic prints make the stoles of Maria Enrica Nardi extremely particular and perfectly in line with the Seventies trend
- Always inspired by Hippie style there are shawls and the long and wide stoles decorated with ethnic prints and paisley by Etro, which could be elegantly combined with cross-body bags in leather or with animal prints.
- Corals, shells and fishes decorate the prints by Alexander McQueen and Versace
- The iconic Scottish pattern of the Burberry brand is colored with many different shades to suit every kind of outfits
- Summer fashion looks like a romantic garden both for the floral prints of Dolce & Gabbana and for those with butterflies by Valentino Garavani
- Still 70s with tapestry-effect floral patterns, for the stoles of Gucci, Loro Piana and Fendi
An extra idea to wear the stoles? Use them instead of the jacket, knotted on the back and maybe thought tone on tone with the beautiful prints of tops, blouses and shirts. Or to give a touch of color to the shoulder bags that you bring with you at work.