Women's hats & caps
The fashion of spring summer 2019 relaunches the trend of wearing the hat to complete the look of the outfits designed for both holidays and hot days spent in the city. In sailor style, wide-brimmed or in straw, but also sporty with visor: the trendiest fashion designers offer many models of hats and caps to protect the skin from the sun and above all to give a touch of vanity to our style.
Most casual hats perfect for the sun are inspired to sport
The sporty cap is one of the most popular models, because it’s extremely practical and fashionable. This year the inspirations for the hats with visor come from the world of baseball and tennis. The sport most loved by Americans, the baseball, inspires the hats in hi-tech materials of Golden Goose, which chooses strong colors, and Dsquared2, which adds a transparent visor and neon colors to its models. More classic colors and prints with the logo, also in the maxi version for the Off-White, Lacoste, M.S.G.M. and Versace, while Moschino chooses leather for street-style hats. A wide visor is the protagonist of the tennis caps designed by Armani, Fendi, Karl Lagerfeld and Philosophy by Lorenzo Serafini.
Fisherman, navy captain or cowboy: choose from the male wardrobe the best hat model for you
If we are undecided among the many hats proposed by the designers during the fashion weeks, we can opt for the models with a masculine look, that this year are extremely trendy and that can be combined with a nice shirt and casual pants in the palazzo version. Fisherman's models are inspired by the fishery and sea world for Y-3 and Karl Lagerfeld, who choose cotton and nylon for their camouflage or in classic black hats. Navy captain style, but also a bit 30s, for the many models seen in the fashion shows of J.W. Anderson, Isabel Marant, Eugenia Kim and Dsquared2, made with materials ranging from leather to jeans and even Chanel-style tweed. The 50s give a vintage and elegant touch to the bomberg hats softened thanks to sparkling embroideries by Dolce & Gabbana or the wide-brimmed hats by Moschino, while for those who love a bolder style there is the felt cowboy hat designed by Calvin Klein in bright and vivid colors like blue and red.
Return to femininity with straw hats, beret and veiled caps of spring summer 2019
Among the accessories of the summer, those definitely more feminine are the hats, which this year choose straw as their main material, but also have fun shapes and a charming touch. Perfect for the beach and for the most carefree holiday days, straw hats are offered in many variations:
- Michael Kors makes crochet raffia hats to match the swimwear and other accessories designed for beachwear
- Frida Kahlo's Mexican style colors with fantasy the Etro's printed straw hats
- The models for the beach of Missoni, in white or with multicolored stripes, are very wide
- Animal print for the wide-brimmed straw hats of Borsalino and Dolce & Gabbana
- Always Borsalino proposes also interweaving patterns in natural colors combined with black for the wide-brimmed models and its panama, which also have neutral shades and decorations in contrast colored grosgrain ribbon
- Fifties style and wide brims for the Hollywood Diva’s models that Etro decorates with beads and that should be worn with cat-eye sunglasses for an even more sensual look
- Among the most holiday-mood models there are the fringed straw hats proposed on the catwalk by Valentino Garavani and Chanel
Ville Lumiére inspiration for the beret with visor designed by Prada, the sailor's version by Ruslan Baginski, the cotton ones by Scha and the very French mood version in tweed by Eugenia Kim. A bit of joy is given to our days by ironic and funny models, such as those with funny cat ears on the cap designed by Karl Lagerfeld in honor of his beloved kitten Choupette. Moschino instead creates ironic models that look like pincushion, while a touch of flirtation makes extremely feminine the models of small hat to wear inclined on the head and with veils created by both Celine and Marc Jacobs, which are perfect for giving sensuality to cocktail dresses.