The next-gen eyeglasses have super-light frames and technologically advanced materials, but for spring summer 2019 are also inspired by vintage look and by bold colors. Here then, thanks to the creativity of the most famous designers, these accessories become indispensable partners of male charm, giving a touch of elegance to the man's face.
Very thin and versatile frames for the most innovative glasses of summer 2019
Fashion means also research and experimentation. One of the fields in which designers create increasingly innovative materials and even more beautiful and practical shapes, is precisely the world of optics. Eyeglasses, which once provided only a few types of frames and classic colors, today are made with many different shapes. Now, thanks to hi-tech materials such as titanium, ultra-light metal alloys and acetate, is possible to make slight and thin structures, which almost make disappear the weight and size of the glasses. Among the lighter models, there are those without rims and with temples directly attached to the lenses, like those by Dior, Cartier and Ray Ban, but also those with half frame recalling the 50s style designed by Tom Ford, Hugo Boss and Boucheron. Metal, which could be titanium or one of the brand-new super-light alloys colored by golden, silvered or burnished finishing, becomes very thin in the double bridge models by MCQ and Eyepetizer. But also in the 70s-style aviator eyeglasses with wide drop-shaped lenses, proposed by Gucci, Stella McCartney and Givenchy. Among the most innovative and versatile models, there are those that through small clips turn eyeglasses into sunglasses, perfect for who is driving and for who loves to stay outdoor. Among the brands that offer these interchangeable models, there are Dita, Mykita and 999.9 Four Nines. In addition to the more classic and traditional shapes, designers propose also elongated and rectangular lines, used by Nike, Cartier and Polo Ralph Lauren, which are ideal for the rounded and oval faces. Or the John Lennon-style round lenses proposed by Chloé, Rapp and Chanel, perfect for elongated faces and harmonizing the angular contours.
For an original look, choose the colors of the summer
To break the monotony of classic style, there are many eyeglasses adding a touch of color to male faces. For summer of 2019, the most important trends regards thick and colorful frames:
- The black frame, seen on catwalks also for sunglasses, is the most trendy and is proposed for eyeglasses by many brands, such as Mykita, Saint Laurent, Max Mara and Celine
- A touch of vitality and energy is given by the red frames of the glasses designed by Pomellato, Boucheron and Bottega Veneta
- Inspired by the blue of summer sea, there are the glasses with a semitransparent blue frames by Persol and Ray-Ban
- Full transparency effects instead, for the acetate frames by Cutler and Gross and Ray Ban
- Retro look with the return of the classic turtle effect for Giorgio Armani, Tom Ford and Marc Jacobs